Belmont Golf Club Limited (trading as Belmont Golf and Bowls) is seeking a General Manager to lead the recently amalgamated club into the future. Belmont Golf and Bowls is a successful club with an 18-hole championship golf course and two new state of the art undercover bowling greens. The club also has a Seniors Living Development currently under construction with potential for further developments in the future.
Situated at the southern fringe of the Hunter region and just one and a half hours north of Sydney, Belmont Golf and Bowls is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the eastern side with beautiful Lake Macquarie just a stone’s throw away to the west. According to Golf Australia magazine, “Belmont is the only true links layout in the Hunter region and offers some of the best examples of links golf holes in Australia”. In addition to hosting major golf events (including the world ranking Lake Macquarie International Amateur until 2016), the new bowls facility is a sought-after location and has already hosted a number of major events including state titles.
Belmont Golf and Bowls has a golf membership of approximately 1100 playing members, 200 bowls members and 1200 social members. In addition to the lounge area, the clubhouse has a Bistro (under contract), 20 EGMs (with eBet system), TAB area and a separate Function Room and Bar.
The Board comprises 9 Directors including one Bowls Director.
We are looking for a dynamic person with proven leadership skills and ability to generate and promote innovative ideas to lead our club into the future. As the club includes both golf and bowls, you will be expected to have a good understanding of the administration and fundamentals of both sports. You will also be expected to have sound financial management skills and experience in tournament management.
The General Manager will report to the President and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the club and sporting functions. You will lead a dedicated team including an Operations Manager, Events Co-ordinator, Course Superintendent, Bowls Co-ordinator, Administration, bar and cleaning staff. The Pro Shop is contracted out to Lake Macquarie Golf School who provides a variety of support services to the club.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors and sub-committees to ensure the club’s objectives are met efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the club and facilities;
- Collating and presenting accurate and timely budgets and monthly financial reports to the Board;
- Liaison with members and sub committees and making recommendations to the Board as appropriate;
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental requirements;
- Liaison with key staff to develop and promote golf and bowls events and functions;
- Staff management and performance review;
- Contribute to, and manage the implementation of the club’s strategic and business plans.
You will be expected to have a sound knowledge, proven skills and experience in the following areas:
- Licenced Club Management;
- Financial management;
- Relevant legislative and compliance requirements;
- Contract management;
- Human Resources management;
- Information technology and social media;
- Customer service;
- Effective oral and written communications.
Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Inquiries and applications are to be addressed to:
The President, Mrs Lyn Cooper at Belmont Golf and Bowls
0427 295 335
Applications will close at 4pm on Wednesday, 9th December 2020