Tura Beach Country Club
Tura Beach Country Club is an outstanding sporting and Community Club on the Sapphire Coast area of southern NSW. It offers an 18-hole championship golf course with a Thomson / Wolveridge designed par 73 layout overlooking the ocean which is currently ranked 87th in the Top 100 Public Access Golf Courses in Australia. The club also has two bowling greens and tennis courts boasting the best views on the east coast of Australia!
The Club features a large and recently expanded Clubhouse with Bars, TAB, Keno, a Gaming area with 37 EGMs, meeting rooms and a large inhouse Bistro seating 130. The club has a Membership of around 3,200, plus welcomes a significant tourist trade in the summer months.
The Board of Directors are looking for a General Manager to drive all aspects of the business and be able to communicate their vision to the Members, Staff, Board and Community.
As our new General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Overall Management of the Day to Day operations of the Club and its facilities
- The promotion of golf and bowls to increase participation
- Provide effective leadership, management and training of staff
- Financial Management and Reporting including Budget preparation and compliance
- Work with the Board to develop and implement strategies to grow the business
- Management of Club Contracts (e.g. Pro Shop)
- Ensure an enjoyable Member / Guest experience in all contact with the Club
- Develop, Implement and Manage an Entertainment, Activities and Promotions strategy
- Manage relations and communications with all stakeholders including; Members, Board, Committees, Staff, Contractors and Suppliers
To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and encourage a positive culture among staff
- Sound knowledge and experience in Gaming Management (currently installing eBet Gaming system)
- Exceptional customer service standards and continue to improve both service and innovative business development
- Ability to work collaboratively with a Board of Directors to realise the full potential of all staff and the business
- Demonstrable financial management, analysis and reporting experience (we use Zero accounting system and the MiClub system)
- Proven experience in or a good understanding of successful methods of promoting golf and bowls
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and budgets
- Manage the Club at member, operational and financial level
- Able to resolve problems and communicate effectively in an ethical manner
- The successful applicant will be asked to reach KPI's set by the Board.
- Be able to set budgets and reach goals
- Flexibility to work across different days and times dependant on the business needs
- Hold or be prepared to obtain RSA and RCG Certificates
- Proven ability to generate business growth
This area of NSW is one of the most attractive areas to reside on the Eastern Seaboard. Add to that an incredible club with a view which is the envy of the golf club sector. This club is profitable and has no debt. What a great club to take on !
Are you excited by the opportunity?
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for......Send your application via the Apply Now button through this ad on WhiteNow.